Our attitude reflects our statement in that we seek to be gracious in treating every person as one created in the image and likeness of God in spite of one’s worldview, religion or philosophical underpinnings. Our desire is to be ambassadors for Christ within the mission of being agents of reconciling those outside the faith to God.
In the essentials unity, in nonessentials liberty, in all things charity. This ministry is united in our Statement of Faith. Our primary concern is to promote the gracious, rational defense of the central truth claims of the historical Christian faith and the critique of opposing worldview systems of thought.
Stated simply our statement follows the historical creed of the first century Apostles,
We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
We believe the Old and New Testaments to be the infallible Word of God; inerrant as originally given, verbally inspired by God, the complete and sufficient revelation of His will for salvation and conduct.
We believe in the Great Commandment to love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind is the first step to discipleship. The second part, to love our neighbor as ourselves takes us to the Great Commission; to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the uttermost parts of the earth. Amen.
Our Statement on the Nature of Apologetics
- We believe that the Christian discipline of apologetics is the vindication of Christian truth claims and philosophy of life against the various forms of non-Christian philosophies of life. It is the responsibility of every Christian to be equipped with some knowledge and use of apologetics.
- We affirm that doing the work of apologetics should include the following four dimensions:
(a) Apologetics as proof– presenting a rational basis for faith that confronts unbelief in the believer as well as in the unbeliever;
(b) Apologetics as defense – answering the objections and overcoming the barriers of unbelief;
(c) Apologetics as offense – This view is not about being offensive, but about demonstrating or revealing the foolishness of unbelieving thought and world-views in conflict with the Christian faith;
(d) Living the apologetic life – demonstrating the apologetic life by a living out the gospel through not just the proclamation of the message, but a living out of the message by being the hands and feet of the One who gave us the gospel (a.k.a. “human touch.”)
- We affirm that in doing the work of apologetics Christians are to stress that God is also interested in the character of the Christian and in the manner in which truth is communicated. The Christian must speak and live out the truth and in love, not being quarrelsome, able to teach, correcting the error with gentleness, kindness, patience, and humility.
- We affirm that in our proclamation of the Gospel and recognize the urgency of calling all to a decision to receive and follow Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and to do so lovingly without coercion and manipulation.
- We affirm our obligation as servants of God, to lead lives of holiness and moral purity, knowing that we exemplify Christ to the Church and to the world.
- We affirm that we who claim to be members of the Body of Christ must transcend the barriers of race, gender, class, and non-essential doctrinal matters within the Body.(We believe this statement is just a summation but it is not exhaustive on what we believe about “matters of important ” doctrines or teachings.
If you have a question about any other matters, please DO NOT HESITATE to inquire by email. Thank you in advance ~ The RLAM Ministry Team
Click here if you have any further questions.
- We affirm that we who claim to be members of the Body of Christ must transcend the barriers of race, gender, class, and non-essential doctrinal matters within the Body.(We believe this statement is just a summation but it is not exhaustive on what we believe about “matters of important ” doctrines or teachings. If you have a question about any other matters, please DO NOT HESITATE to inquire by email. Thank you in advance ~ The RLAM Ministry Team